Harvey & Ryall Ltd, company registration number 10608376 , data protection registered number ZA242057.
Harvey & Ryall are committed to maintaining the trust of our clients and users of our web site. We believe strongly that your personal data should be protected always and used for relevant purposes. We do not engage in selling, renting or trading your data as email lists to third party businesses for marketing purposes.
We have set out below what the information we collect, how we collect it and for which purposes including how we process it and your rights. By using Harvey & Ryall web site and the services we provide you are agreeing to be bound by this policy in respect of information collected about you through this site and any other means.
If you do not agree with this policy please do not use this web site.
For the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") we are the "data controller".
What information do we collect & how we use it?
Registrations & Mailing Lists
When you instruct us to carry out a service you will complete a registration.
As part of our registration process on our web site we will collect personal data from you for the following reasons: to allow us to contact you in order to obtain further details and ultimately provide a service; to tell you about things that you ask us to keep you informed of; to carry out checks with third parties and verify the information with your express consent; to obtain feedback and reviews of our service; to check our records are correct and update them accordingly; to provide you with relevant and accurate information when completing a service; to keep you updated on the progress of your service.
We will store a history of your use on our site, if after 5 years we don’t hear from you we may archive your details and delete it from our system and database.
Contact via a third party
You may contact us through a third party site such as Rightmove or Zoopla (ZPG) by sending a contact form. We will store this information in our email system and database so that we may contact you about the enquiry. Please refer to the privacy policies of the site which you use for more details on how they store and process your data.
Some of our services are completed by carefully selected partners. We have checked their privacy policies and satisfied ourselves that they have a clear policy on use, processing and storing of personal data and they will not use the data provided to them for any other reason than to provide the service unless you have expressly given them that authority.
Below is a list of the service providers that we process your data with;
We will forward your contact details to other users to confirm appointments, this will include your name and contact telephone number and on occasion your email address. Express permission is requested to forward on more information which we collect, process or verify.
We will not forward your data to any third parties for the purposes of marketing to your additional sales services without your express permission.
To complete some services, we will be required to forward your contact details to arrange access, these details may include your name, contact telephone number, email address, property address and information about any tenancy to our in house contractors.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
Using your personal data
Our legal basis for processing your personal data:
- Administer the site;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the site;
- Enable your use of the services available on the site;
- Supply to you services which you have shown interest in;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at; email@example.com
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Notify you about changes to our service.
The legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- To provide services to you for advertising and letting property;
- To provide services to users in the process of managing tenancies or managing the collection of rent on behalf of the landlord.
You have the right to request your data be permanently deleted from our systems. We will comply with this request wherever statutory requirements permit us to do so and should we need to hold data we will anonymise this.
You can access the data we hold on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to email@example.com at any time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of their websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , we may not be able to provide services should you withdraw consent.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Where we store your personal data
- We may hold your own or your client’s details which may include names, private addresses, date of birth, tax and NI references, company number (if applicable), employer’s reference and name (if applicable), business details (if applicable) and details of past and present taxable income and gains and data on other taxes.
- We hold this data to allow us to provide accurate services (if applicable).
- We also hold data in order to make ID checks under the right to rent checks, this may include a copy of your passport or driving licence and evidence of your address.
- We retain data for as long as statute or regulations demand.
- We hold data electronically and on paper.
- We normally destroy files after six years.
- Our computer hard drives are destroyed before disposal.
- We do not allow any third party access to our data, however, our IT support (outsourced) may work on software programmes that hold that data such as our databases.
- We store data via third party servers and we use applications including Dropbox, Microsoft and Google products.
- Data held on third party servers is highly protected by security features including firewalls, regular scans against malware and measures to prevent SQL injection.
- We process and store data using our software, password protected.
- When software is installed on our local machines all software is password protected.
- We prohibit the use of memory sticks to hold client data. If you provide us with a memory stick we will not transport it out of our office.
- We will only share data with HMRC and HM Courts and Tribunal’s service, during the course of an enquiry or investigation or other reasons if we are obliged by other regulations to provide data.
- We may use third party contractors in our business and they are required to sign a ‘Fit and proper’ declaration which includes a declaration that they will not remove data or pass on data to other parties.
Book your free market appraisal
Get a FREE no-obligation market appraisal of your property.
Thinking of selling?
Book your FREE no obligation marketing appraisal here.
VIP Property Alerts
Find out about new properties before they appear on Rightmove.
Renting with pets
Understanding the rules around renting with pets. [more]
Stamp Duty Land Tax SDLT explained!
Understand Stamp Duty Land Tax SDLT when looking to buy a property! Here is your guide.[more]
Want to buy a home? Where should we start?
Some handy tips to get started when looking for your new home![more]
History of Slaithwaite
The area in which we live & love! Slaithwaite has been our home and an area we work closely for many years![more]
What steps to take if your house needs work?
Here we have some handy tips on how to help find the best trades for the job and employ the best in the business![more]
Rising rent prices for tenants
Some handy tips for tenants to combat the rising rent prices in the UK[more]
Handy tips on preparing your home before you decide to sell!
Make sure your property is shining bright when you list it for sale with Harvey & Ryall! A few quick and easy ways to ensure you're looking your best ready for potential buyers.[more]
Landlord Help - What is damp & mould and how to deal with it!
Step by step guide on the topic of damp of mould. What it is and how best to deal with the issue! Landlords duties and legal obligations.[more]
Tenants - Why choose a professionally managed property?
Finding the right property to rent can be a headache! Here is some really good information on why choosing a professionally managed property can save you alot of stress! [more]